Thursday, November 3, 2011

Open Letter to Charles Bukowski

Dear Charles Bukowski, 
We just read your poem, Dinosauria, We, in class and I found that it really made me think about the future in a different light. I have thought that humans were self-destructive for a while, but your poem really hit home- we are in a downward spiral that we need to do something about. Not only do we need to take action, we need to do it quickly. I think that people are to stubborn to acknowledge this themselves, so people need to bring the problem to their attention, either in artistic ways like this, or just by spreading the word. whether our downfall will be climate change, or economic collapse, I think this poem will bring awareness for many of the issues at hand.  
Thanks, 
Stina Taylor

1 comment:

  1. I think that the artistic way is the best because it attracts a bigger audience because of the way it is presented.

    ReplyDelete